Monday 12 June 2017

Hospital's nursery in Sierra Leone

I work without getting paid in the hospital's nursery in Sierra Leone. The nursery is very poor because there isn't any vital equipment. Not even a refrigerator! When the ladies give birth many babies have health problems. Some babies have diabetes, low oxygen levels, deformities, heart disease and brain damage.

Many of the problems could be fixed if there was vital equipment like oxygen masks, I.V drips, x-ray machines and heart monitors. I feel sad for the families because many of their babies die.

I started to raise money from all over the world. I've already collected enough money to buy some of the vital equipment.
Image result for cartoon poor hospital nursery









I am so proud.    




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for this piece Lisa, it is very powerful. I love how you have taken the character/perspective of a nurse there. It is very original and the effect for the reader is enhanced, especially with the use of photo.

Great use of grammar/punctuation/spelling. The final 'I am so proud.' is very strong.

My only suggestion would be to format this in the style of a letter (addressing it to Dr. Andrew and signing off with your name).