Thursday 2 February 2017

The Sailing Competition Letter

Dear May,

TODAY WAS THE ANNUAL SAILING COMPETITION! Where thousands of people come from all over the world to compete. It is a MASSIVE event and I wish you were here to watch it with me.

From Narline
                                                             - 3 hours later -

Hi May,

Anyway, I was under a tamarind tree with lots of boats around me. I got the boats ready to go in the river, when I realised there was no water, there was no river, it had all vanished.

Now the event is cancelled and everyone is going home with long, sad faces.

From your very depressed friend, Narline


P. s I still don't know what is causing this issue...

6 comments:

Mr Paul said...

I like that you chose to write this as correspondence between friends, very original.

We say "wish you were here", or "wish you could be here", not "wish you are here".

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I particularly like the parts when you use capital letter because it is obvious it is saying Narline is excited, also how it is written. Some people also might not understand what tamarind means so, explain that nest time. other than that, great job.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

next*

Unknown said...

I like the time connecting word like 3 hours later.